Yorkshire Terrier Club of America Foundation, Incorporated (YTCAF)
amended and adopted September 2009
NAME AND OBJECTIVES
Section 1 – Name
The name of the corporation shall be known as the Yorkshire Terrier Club of America Foundation, Inc., hereinafter referred to as YTCA Foundation or YTCAF.
Section 2 – Objectives
The purpose of the YTCAF is to:
- Promote and support the study of an research on the history, character, breeding, genetics, and particular health problems of the Yorkshire Terrier breed.
- Foster and promote the public's knowledge of canine diseases, defects, hereditary problems, injuries, specifically those affecting the Yorkshire Terrier breed.
- Provide educational materials to the public about the proper care, treatment, breeding, development, and training of Yorkshire Terriers.
- Generate and/or support educational seminars and training sessions for responsible breeders to assist them in their goal to develop a healthy, problem free, breeding program.
- Generate further understanding of the diseases defects, injuries, and other ailments that afflict Yorkshire Terriers.
- Establish and maintain a resource center.
Section 1 – Non Profit Status
The YTCAF is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Therefore YTCAF shall not be conducted or operated for profit, and no part of any profit or remainder or residue from any activities or donations to the Foundation shall inure to the benefit of any individual.
Section 2 – Political Standing
YTCAF will in no way become involved in legislation or participate in, or intervene (including the publishing or distribution of statements), in any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office.
REGISTERED AGENT AND OFFICES
Section 1 - Registered Agent
The Board of YTCAF will appoint a registered agent who may be changed at any time by a resolution of the Board of Directors. Any such change of Registered Agent shall be filed with the Secretary of State of Missouri.
Section 2 – Office
The Board of YTCAF shall determine the location of the principal office, any change of which shall be filed with the Secretary of State of Missouri.
The Board of Directors of YTCAF shall adopt, and may from time to time revise, such By-Laws as may be required to carry out these objectives.